- This event has passed.
One Day Digital Marketing Degree
June 14 @ 8:30 am - 7:00 pmFree
One Day Digital Marketing Degree is a single-day discovery of marketing for small business with no sales pitch, no catches and no gurus selling courses.
Brought to you by ASBAS in partnership with Business LEAP and presented by Australia’s leading digital marketing trainer, Dante St James, who is accredited by both Facebook and Google programs, 3 Australian government small business programs and working with local agencies across Australia.
This FREE one-day event in Bundaberg is sponsored by Clickstarter and presented by Business Station as part of the ASBAS Digital Solutions program in conjunction with RDA Brisbane and Regional Business HQ. Resources are provided from Facebook, Google, StoryBrand and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
There are four modules across two sessions;
Module 1: Marketing 101
Learn the fundamentals of marketing in this session that explains the three key components of marketing any business:
- Get Known
- Get Found
- Stay Known
Case studies from businesses across Australia and around the world will be used to explain each stage of the marketing flow.
At the end of this session you will:
- understand the different types of marketing
- know how to work with the customer journey
- understand the channels at your disposal
- have prepared the basis of your own broad marketing action plan
- be ready to start your first marketing campaign
You will be provided with a workbook for identifying your best marketing mix and building out your marketing action plan.
Module 2: Get Known
We don’t think too much about our brand as we go about our work. But it’s what drives the decision of guests to choose you over other businesses. And nowhere is brand and identity on show more than on social media.
In this session you will learn:
- How to form your key message and brand story for all your online marketing
- How to plan consistent and compelling social media content based on this branding
This module follows the widely acclaimed StoryBrand method by Donald Miller. By following the Hero’s Journey using examples from popular movies, you’ll learn to understand your customers like never before.
Module 3: Get Found
While we’re all focused on building visually stunning multimedia websites, Google is focused on delivering answers to the questions our potential guests are asking them. And if we’re not answering those questions for them, that traffic is going elsewhere. In this session you’ll learn:
- How ranking on Google works
- How to find out what people are searching for
- How to create content that answers questions
- The technical stuff that gets you ranking
- The tactics that turn visitors into paying guests
At the end of this session, you will have listed the keywords that are most important for your business, designed a plan to create the right kind of content to attract more search results and will have provided the information required for your included search and competitor report (to be delivered to your email address during the following week.)
Module 4: Stay Known
It’s one thing to know the theory, it’s another to put it into practice. In this hands-on workshop that’s all about creating the kind of content that brings your fans back again and again, you will learn:
- How to capture great photos and videos with your mobile phone
- How to create graphics and use your brand consistently
- How to make video content and edit it with free tools
- How to encourage guests to create content for you
- How to use content from your guests on your profiles & pages
Creating “Instagrammable moments” is how destinations like Bali have made their mark on the world stage and drawn millions of visitors hungry to replicate the photos of influencers on their own profiles. Small businesses can do this as well, and create ways for customers to not only make a memory, but share your message to their friends.
BONUS for Bundaberg attendees: Free 1-hour consultation for all attendees
To help you to execute what you’ve learned, all attendees who are new to the ASBAS Digital Solutions program will receive a FREE 1-hour session with the presenter in the weeks following the event.
Click here to book now